Sunday, February 17, 2008

Beate's weekend challenge

Hallo,
Not only did I not like the photo's I took of yesterdays cards but when I saw them this am I didn't like the way they looked either - so I tweaked them a little. The third photo shows one of yesterdays right next to todays revision.
I did this card for Beate's weekend challenge http://beate.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com and I was really liked the SU color challenge a couple weeks ago with gray and yellow so I tried that too.
All 4 of the cards were done with the Magenta stamp that I have been obsessing on lately along with my new birdie stamp from Inkadinkado, and a word stamp from Stampin Up (grateful).
This first photo I colored her hair blond to match the yellow of the cardstock and her eyes green. The birdie is embossed with Weathered wood distress embossing powder from Ranger.
In the second photo I colored her hair and eyes brown and shifted the sentiment to the bottom.

The third photo is yesterdays attempt on the left and todays on the right. With yesterdays I stamped the girl in Weathered wood distress ink on gray paper and for todays I stamped with the same ink on white paper - which really makes the image so much cleaner and defined. For todays I used a paler yellow and a thiner layer for the center part and then added another layer under the light gray layer. In addition I stamped the phrase on white and layered it on gray and yellow to match the main image - and did a little 'distressin' on both the light gray and base cardstock. The girl in this third photo has blue eyes. The girls are colored with chalks and prismacolors.
All for today
Tera
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tera,
Your newest version is my favorite! Thanks so much for playing with the sketch.
Hugs and smiles

Vicki Chrisman said...

You have been working on some BEAUTIFUL things Tera! Thanks so much for the gorgeous card you sent!! What a treat to come home to! you are so thoughtful!