Friday, February 8, 2008

CPS #50 & Beate's weekend sketch

I got some time to stamp today ( ok so I was too lazy to clean and even though the weather was perfect - too lazy for yard work too) - but I did get several cards done.
These first 2 are for CPS sketch #50 this week. The back round is first stamped with the Weave backround from CHF (Cornish Heritage Farms) onto gray/brown paper and then overstamped with Motifs from Stampin Up in white. The diamonds and the main image is a stamp from Magenta - I first stamped it in Ranger's tea dye distress ink - then punched the diamonds with an EK punch and edged the diamonds with my Krylon in gold. The main image I inked with both the Ranger tea dye and a little walnut stain distress inks and then colored the image in with chalk and prismacolor pencils, then I applied the Cracked Glass technique (from the latest TJ newsletter - Technique Junkies) to the main image and layered it on brown cardstock cut with my Nestabilities on my cuttlebug - whew how many different products and companys can I stick in one card anyway....
The second card I just varied the placement of the main image to see which I liked best...
The last 2 pics are of another card I did today . The back layer and the middle layer I embossed with the Cuttlebug. On the back navy layer I hig the high spots with white craft ink, and the silver layer I hit the high spots with midnight blue Staz on using a TJ technique called Aged Metal.
The main image is the same Magenta stamp - different section than previous cards - also done with the cracked glass technique. I stamped the stamp in midnight blue Staz on and edged it with silver krylon - it is layered on navy blue cardstock cut with the cuttlebug using the Nestabilities again and also edged in silver.
The sketch for the second card is Beate's weekend sketch - While I had the time as I work all weekend - 12 hour shifts - and won't get time to stamp...
All for tonight - Next stampin time scheduled for Monday - I have some ATC's to finish, another mailbox in the works and of course monday means Mary Jo's lunchtime sketch to try....after this weekend I will only have 3 days left to work before I have some time off for Creative Pallette in St. Mary's Georgia!!!!! Yipppeee!!!
Bye ya'll

Posted by Picasa


beate said...

Lovely cards, Tera! Thanks so much for playing with the sketch!
Hugs and smiles

Shelly said...

Your cards are beautiful!