Saturday, July 26, 2008

Light of Peace - TK

Hallo,
I have been doing alot of coloring lately - CHF has put out a DT call, I did several of each image and once I chose my submit projects, I have some left that I can show you.
This is Thomas Kinkades Light of Peace from CHF http://www.cornishheritagefarms.com/
I colored the image with a combination of prismacolor and koh i noor pencils, with minimal blending with gamsol. I used a little stickles glitter on the wave spray and the sun.
The I used mod podge to adhere the cardstock to the plaque, once dry I painted it with weathered wood distress crackle paint and let dry again.
The gold is gold embossing powder - I used an embossing pen to highlight the areas I wanted , then sprinkled powder over, shook off the extra and heat embossed. I also altered the brads with gold ep, and took the backs off before glueing down.
I really liked how this one came out - My neighbors daughter has already spoken for it for her Mom who collects lighthouses :)
Take Care
Tera

Posted by Picasa

No comments: