Thursday, July 31, 2008

Vacation pics

Hallo,
Vacation pics - Day 2.
This first pics is an old covered bridge - it was featured in a 1951 film staring Rita Heyward - although I have forgotten the title...
The second pic is one of many gold/gem panning places - the kids and I spent several hours there sunday afternoon - we did 2 big buckets worth and they tried very hard for a 3rd - we ended up with a couple handfuls of amethyst, pink quartz tpye stuff in inch to 2-3 inch chunks and a couple teaspoonsful each of small to tiny pieces of red garnet and peridot.
It was fun to watch them as they had never done anything like it before. I remember doing it once or twice on family vacations as a kids and when I was in Alaska I did a little gold panning also...

The last 2 pics are in the town of Helen - they have alot of stuff to do - like tubing on the 'Hooch' (chatahoochee 'river') and go cart tracks (yes the kids conned me into that to - each of them 'lapped ' me several times :).
And of course there were alot of horsebackriding places in the area and paula and I went for an hour ride - my poor ol horse was very bowlegged - front and back - but it was a nice easy ride with a splash through the 'river' at the end - felt pretty good for us as well as the horses by then...
All for today...
Take Care
Tera

Posted by Picasa

No comments: