Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Soothing salt water

Hallo,
I have a fun project to show you this afternoon. I did this plaque as one of my entries for this months Spotlight Guest Design Team for Gina K Designs.
I used the new set 'Gifts from the sea'. Part of the challenge this month was to take inspiration from a movie - well I chose "Titanic". I always admired the charecter of Molly Brown from that movie as a straight forward, independant woman - even from the Titanic version I saw first as a kid. This phrase sounds like something she would have said.
I first painted the plaque with blue acrylic paint and when it was dry I painted it with distress crackle paint.
The main image was colored with copics - I made the seashells a little paler so the phrase would show up nicely. Then I did a whole bunch of seashells in 'full color' and cut them out.
When the crackle was dry, I took modge podge and glued the main layer down and layered all the loose seashells over the top. Lastly I edged the plaque with the same blue as the main image panel.
All for now - my second project is drying as I type so will need to finish it up and be back shortly :).
Take Care
Tera



6 comments:

Lee said...

Wowzers!!! How absolutely gorgeous!!! That crackle background is perfect for the shell design!!

Melanie said...

lovin that crackle!! looks like weatehring AND bubbles, too cool! Amazing coloring!

redwasher1 said...

Gorgeous!!!!

Vicki Chrisman said...

Very Cool Tera!! You always amaze me with our knowledge of techniques! Love it!

joy said...

Great card and love the sentiment you chose.

Jan Hennings said...

Beautiful card..love all the shells!