Tuesday, November 12, 2013

StampTV CSS color challenge hop

 Hallo,
   Welcome to another Gina K CSS alumni blog hop!! This time we are doing a color challenge - and I have to admit that I was almost shut out on this one :) it truly was a challenge but I think I may have squeaked by :)
  The challenge colors are - dark chocolate,' tomato soup', 'honey mustard' and  ;in the navy' - with ivory as a neutral.
  You may have come to me from Miesje - http://miesdf.blogspot.com/2013/11/css-color-challenge-blog-hop-11-12-2013.html
And I am sure she had an easier time with this challenge than me  - can't wait till I see what everyone else on the hop did - I will probably be slapping my head and saying why didn't I think of that :)
 I decided finally to do a Christmas card since I am way behind getting a bunch done, and then just had to decide how to combine the colors....the navy threw me off the most, I don't often do navy with red unless its a patriotic card....
  So I colored the poinsettias from Melanies' "A year of borders" and that is the only spot that the 'honey mustard' and 'dark chocolate' come into play - except a bit on the DP in the first one.....
  I colored the poinsettias with prismacolor pencils - ended up doing one in blue and one in red....then couldn't find a die cut I that would work for me...so I just cut them out by hand and layered them to a fancy Spellbinders die cut.
  I stamped the Merry Christmas - from 'Seasonal Sayings' and added some bling and tiny Christmas bows I found whilst rummaging through my stash and I am as done as can be for this challenge :)
  The red cardstock in the last of my current Gina K designs pure luxury  cardstock - I have been hoarding the red - tomato soup red :)
  I do believe that I am last on the hop list this time so I hope you had a good time - join us and see what you can come up with !!!
  Off to work I go - Have a great night!!!!
         Tera


9 comments:

Kay S said...

You did a great job with the color challenge, Tera! I love the cards you made, especially the one with the little blue bow on it! Fun holiday cards -- gotta get going on mine!

Cheri said...

Tera, your card looks so vintage and I love that bg. The color combo didn't hold you back on your creativity....well done!

Unknown said...

Great cards, love the little bow accents too!

Melissa said...

Great cards Tera! Awesome job with the challenge.

Sharyn Polesel said...

Great cards.....very festive!

redwasher1 said...

Awesome holiday cards!!

Betty Neville said...

Two wonderful Christmas cards, Tera! You did a great job with the color combo! I am thinking that I may not get all my Christmas cards made this time around.

Gayle said...

Great start for your Christmas cards. This would make a gorgeous tag for a present with the little bow on it if you just use the die cut and I'll probably CASE part of your idea.

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

These look like such happy cards Tera!