Friday, July 4, 2014

A pirate and his lady - For the men/boys challenge

 

Hallo,
  I am preposting for you today as I am working the last couple days and we always seem to be really busy on a holiday ....
   Our new challenge over at Sweet Pea Stampers blog is one for the Men or boys and what's better for the male types than pirates and ships :)
  I used 3 different stamps from Sweet Pea Stamps for this hanging plaque.
  First the pirate is called 'Ancient one'  and the ship is of course the 'Black Pearl' both by Joanne Schempp, and the mermaid is a portion of a stamp  by Elaine Cox called 'Mermaid #2.
  I colored the pirate with prismacolor pencils and then coated him with a sepia toned lacquer from Ranger.
  The Mermaid was also colored with prismacolors and then cut to fit this old pendant I had in my stash. Coated her with a clear coat of crystal lacquer.
  The ship is stamped and embossed in black ink onto some DP of an old world map.
  I used my computer to write out the phrase and printed it out onto vellum paper.
  I really like how this one turned out - so my question is - Is the Pirate's lady his ship or the mermaid?  :)
   All for today - have a great weekend!!!
           Tera




No comments: