Saturday, May 16, 2015

Several works in progress.....

 Hallo,
   A muggy, sometimes rainy Saturday am here in NW Florida. Got the pups their walk and now I am trying to catch up on some computer stuff - should try to get some yard work done but just too hot and muggy for me this am.....
   I got the day to play in the studio yesterday and started a couple new projects (the first 4 pics)
   The first one (first 2 pics) started out with about 7/8 layers of plain wax and then I used the cool metal eyedropper thingy to drip drops of colored wax on top and used the heat gun to melt and blow/disperse the drops, added more drops, heat gun - repeated several times and then  added 2 or 3 layers of plain wax over the top. My plan is to do another drop layer and ....well we will see....
   For the second one (next 2 pics) I started with about 10 layers of wax and then did some random carving into the wax and then covered the carvings with red wax. Once it cooled a bit I scrapped off red wax on top leaving just the lines I carved now filled with red. Then I added about 3 layers of wax and did several rounds of drops just like the first one and a final 2/3 layers of wax  - and now to let them 'cure'  I have found that the wax will clear up just a bit after it has a day or 2 to 'cure/rest' and then I will come back and see what else I want to add to each piece.
   The next set of pictures is another project I am working on - I am zentangling the base (leaving a spot for an acrylic and zentangle piece I did in a class a few months back - last picture). I had planed on covering the base with several layers of wax (which will soften but not block out the zentangle) and then placing the acrylic piece on top in the spot I left for it.....thinking I may just add the acrylic piece on top as it is without the wax but will wait and see what the piece tells me to do :)
   All for today - should try and at least finish a bit of house cleaning......and then  a nap before I work tonight....
   Take Care
     Tera






No comments: