Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Mermaids rest

Hallo,
  Well after a good walk with my pups now for a bit of breakfast and some blogging time before I start slowly putting my house back together....a few windows yet to get put in today but am starting to put things back in the rooms they are done with.
  Showing you a project I finished off yesterday in my studio (I still love being able to say that :)
  I started with a prepared 8 by 10 cradled board - about 6/7 layers of plain wax.
  Then I added blues, whites and yellows for my ocean scene - tried for kinda a sunset sorta thing - didn't really turn out like I wanted in that direction but still liked it.
   Next I did the photo transfer of the ship (actually did it twice because I added some more wax on top of the first and didn't like it so added more wax and then did it again...)
  I had this mermaid sitting on the table that I colored up about a week or so ago with intentions of using her on this piece. She is a digital image from Selina French and I colored her with polychrome pencils and cut her out.
  I heated the wax below where I wanted her and embedded her into the wax and then added a couple layers of clear wax on top and then did just a bit of playing with some blue and white to make waves at the bottom of her tail and near the rock.
  I just love how she turned out - and my friend Helen Harris decided she liked it enough to buy it from me too :) My first sale at the gallery :)
  All for today - better get to work!!!
   Take Care
        Tera



No comments: